Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Moving List

A list, an ode, a rant, a compliment, a soap box, or any other name by which you'd like to call this post. A dedication, perhaps, to the ins and outs of moving (which I'll be doing this Sunday and heading over to SE Portland to live and play with Claire until the end of July.)

What I love about moving...............
-Craigslist is the best way to sell all your big stufffff. In the past 24 hours, I've had about 8 inquiries on 3 items. P.S. Also already sold my dining room table to a recent UP alum! Yay, way to keep it in the UP fam.
-Having all your stuff packed, bed ready to sell, etc. allows for some of my favorite things: sleeping on the couch, watching The Bachelor on my little t.v. in the big living room and enjoying my left overs from a weekend of fun.
-Moving means I get to have a sale and having a sale means organization, which I love and that means I get to buy cute little labels and color code them and make a giant Word document to further organize everything I need to sell.
-It means wearing a comfy sweatshirt, putting my hair in a p-tail and headband, blaring my music and creating a nesting mood to clean!

What I hate about moving..............
-Well, this is really hating being the last one to move out, which means it's super quiet at night and kinda freaky.
-Finding stuff and thinking, "oh crap, should I pack this? No, sell it? No, it's not worth selling, I'll toss it. Or keep it. Grrr, I don't know!"
-Having to work while my mind is exploding with all the moving I need to do.
-Waiting on phone calls: from landlords about deposits, and possibilities about friends' trucks or renting a u-haul.
-Probably the actual moving isn't so fun. Ya know, the throw the stuff in the car, drive 20 minutes, unload the stuff from the car.

I guess I don't really mind moving that much, but the idea of semi being unpacked, semi being in bins for 2.5 months is semi making me stir crazy only because I know I'll be relocating again in 2.5 months.

The Big Sale is happening on Sat. at 8 a.m.
The moving is happening after all my crap is sold and the next day.
Still looking for a way to transport my futon to the new place. Holler if you have suggestions. Especially if the suggestion comes in the form of a truck.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

oh moving... at the time I always find myself thinking NEVER AGAIN or at least NOT FOR A VERY LONG TIME. Then a few good months pass and I think WHERE TO NEXT?! It's disgusting.