Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Things I hated as a kid

It amazes me that the older I get the younger my palette gets.
Don't get me wrong, I still crave things like baked brie, crepes, sushi and a number of other things most kids- and my sister- refuse to look at.
However, I was always the kid who hated snacks like goldfish, pretzels and "Ants on a Log" aka gross raisins and PB on celery.
Well, apparently I'm six years old because I seriously- as of the past few months- love so many things I didn't.
Here they are...

1. Graham Crackers- yum! Esp. the cinnamon variety and are you aware of how few calories are in them?
2. Popcorn- once I got braces, I was so over popcorn. Not anymore.
3. Animal Crackers- what was I thinking all these years?
4. Honey Nut Cherrios- my dad always loved them and now I do too.
5. Goldfish- I love fishes cuz they're so delicious.
6. Hot dogs- Ben's Chili Bowl and Grey's papaya changed me forever.
7. Plain Ole' Yella' Mustard- This does not mean I am as crazy about it as Cassie is.
8. French Toast- I still like waffles better, but breakfast is breakfast!
9. Milk- Does a body gooood.
10. Peanut Butter- Seriously, did anyone ever think i would like this?!

Things I STILL and probably will never like- bleh...

1. Pretzels- the hard gross kind.
2. Slurpees- too sweet.
3. Kraft Mac and Cheese- let's be real.
4. Shriveled Grapes- I only like raisins in salad.
5. Oreos- the cookie, the filling, it's all so wrong.
6. Cheez Its- way different than goldfish.
7. Oatmeal- the texture makes me want to die.
8. Apple Juice- a staple kid drink.
9. Thin Mints- always a Girl Scout, never will be my cookie.
10. Corn- The day I like this is the day I become a republican.

4 comments:

Claire said...

you crack me UP girl

and dont forget watermelon! THAT is the texture that makes me want to die.

see you fri!

-c

Lauren said...

hahaha. you are so funny. i might just steal this idea. :)

Lauren said...

done and done. I sent you an invitation. Sorry - it was necessary. I'll explain in my next blog post.

debbie brown said...

Hmmm, at what point is your mom allowed to say "I told you so" :) Yea, I know you'll NEVER like corn (although who would have thought we'd ever have two Bushes in the White House-so I guess anything is possible). I keep telling you, try the graham crackers with the sugar free-fat free lemon pudding...just like lemon meringue pie!! You are my kid though when it comes to the mac and cheese-YUCK!!!!! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks (and any of my "adopted" daughters who are around)! Love, Mom