Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Thought for Food

This is a new type of post I'm hoping to write once a week, at the beginning of the week.
Basically, I will post a quotation of some interest- political, funny, philosophical or what have you.
It is then your job to leave a comment in response to it. Say you hate it, love it, add to it, defend it, offend it, respond with a similar quotation, or ask a question. I don't care what you say and it's not really for me to respond to, unless you request it. Think of it more as a forum. A way for you to get your mind out of your exponential amount of to do's and find zen in a place of thought and nourishment for your noggin.

So, here you have it: your first "Thought for Food" quotation

",,,My politics could be considered extreme, as I truly believe that people who molest or otherwise abuse children should be buried in pits. And I do believe our country has been served by white male presidents quite enough for the next few hundred years. I really could go on and on here, so I'd best stop." ~Augusten Burroughs (author of "Running With Scissors")

2 comments:

Claire said...

I think she says what a lot of people think and feel. I may not agree, but then again sometimes I do. Its hard to respond rationally to things we hate, thats why they're things we hate, they ignite a passionate response, but in reality, we have to be rational and compassionate. Its a tough call. (I agree more about her second comment.)

Nice new idea al brown!

debbie brown said...

Well, until I read the end of the quote and saw there was an actual author, I thought you wrote this quote! Without passion (good or bad), we would have a lot of apathy in this world. Hate is a bad thing, but apathy is worse (in my opinion, anyway).
Sidenote...isn't that author a man? Claire keeps referring to "her" :) Although, the last comment would make one think a woman spoke it.